Latest Pictures

I am now trying to keep my blog updated with some of my better pictures of each trip out.









Thursday, 22 June 2017

Wednesday 21st June 2017

Well, that's it then, the nights will start drawing in again! When I mentioned this to my wife she called me some rather peculiar names - no sense of humour there!
What a HOT day!
Took a trip to Stodmarsh today with my brother which was most enjoyable. 2 Turtle Doves seen by Red Lion public house, On the reserve a Banded Demoiselle just off the carpark towards the alder wood. A few Great Spotted Woodpeckers heard but not seen, 1 Hobby, a few Marsh Harriers around and we did witness a food pass which I failed to photograph. Plenty of mini beasts including at least 5 Commas 10 plus Red Admiral, 3 Peacocks, and an absolute plethora of Meadow Browns. The Reed Bed Hide held 2 Green Sandpipers, A basking Terrapin, Reed and Sedge Warblers, a few Bearded Tits calling and showing, and some cute young Mallard ducklings. Grove Ferry end added a few bits to the list with 4 Black Tailed Godwits from the ramp and 2 Norfolk Hawkers close to David Feast Hide. Just as we were leaving we found an Emerald Damselfly. We also found at Grove end a very aptly named Grove Snail.

 
 Banded Demoiselle

Tiger Crane Fly

 Emerald Damselfly
 Green Sandpiper
 Grove Snail
 Hover Fly
 Mallard
 Norfolk Hawker
 Reed Warbler
Turtle Dove


No comments:

Post a Comment