Latest Pictures

I am now trying to keep my blog updated with some of my better pictures of each trip out.









Tuesday, 22 January 2013

22nd Jan

My first trip to Dungy this year. Spent about 1 1/2 hours in the visitor centre looking over a rather quiet Burrowes, usual coot and tufted ducks, a small flock of shoveller flew past and round towards Scott hide area, 2 great white egrets, a sparrowhawk landed on the concrete under Dennis's hide briefly, 1 drake and 2 female goldeneye, 2 marsh harriers and a goldcrest stayed a while on the gate adj entrance to centre watched at close quarters by many. A drive up to Denge added a common gull and little grebe to the day list. On my way out spotted 5 snipe near boulderwell farm. Then over to Scotney to add barnacle geese and 2 bean geese.
Considering I didn't go very far a day count of 49 wasn't too bad.

Friendly Goldcrest

It never crosed my mind that sheep had a camouflage mode!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment