Latest Pictures

I am now trying to keep my blog updated with some of my better pictures of each trip out.









Saturday, 22 September 2012

Dungeness 22nd Sep

Arrived at ARC car park about 12 ish and made my way to Hanson hide, stopping to get a picture of a migrant hawker which landed just as i reached it. Not a great variety from the hide other than the usual suspects, and 9 little egrets, the pec sand made an appearance at distance, 80 golden plover, 1 snipe and 1 marsh harrier, were other birds of note. On leaving the hide, as I came out of the tree'd part of the track, 3 pied flycatcher came round from the left which were obviously goint to fly up the track towards the hide, but all 3 saw me at the last minute and achieved a cartoonish 'stall' in mid air before landing in the tree to my right. One of the birds then gave me a severe telling off, which I confirmed on my birdmike when back at the car to be an alarm call. I don't know who was more surprised, me or the birds! 8 Curlew also flew over, as I returned to the car.
Over to the visitor centre for my usual rich roast, on the way pausing to capture an unusual shot of a wheatear trying to land on grass definately not strong enough to support he's weight. Then a drive up to Denge hide, where the great white egret was showing nicely, 1 sparrowhawk, 4 marsh harriers and 2 more curlew flying over.
Count for the day 51
Migrant Hawker

Wheatear

 

No comments:

Post a Comment